A person willing to become a member has the following member's rights only after registering as a member.
A (full) member of Hämäläis-Osakunta (i.e. student enrolled at the University of Helsinki) is entitled to:
- Spend time at the premises (the House at Urho Kekkosen katu 4–6 D, the library and the summerhouse)
- Participate in the events organised by Hämäläis-Osakunta
- Get a magnetic key in order to access the house at Urho Kekkosen katu 4–6 D (the payment is €12 which is returned when the key is returned at the end of studies)
- Attend, speak at, and vote at the general assemblies (osakunnan kokoukset), and the meetings of the committees and clubs (valiokuntien ja kerhojen kokoukset)
- Apply for student housing from Häme Student Foundation (Hämäläisten ylioppilassäätiö)
- Bring to the premises and events at maximum one person, who is not a member of Hämäläis-Osakunta but who has a valid student card; in these cases, the member is responsible for making sure the guest behaves well and causes no problems.
An associate member (student enrolled at Aalto University, University of Arts Helsinki, Hanken School of Economics or National Defence University) has all the same, aforementioned rights except that:
- He or she cannot vote at the general assemblies
- He or she cannot be elected Director (toiminnanohjaaja), Secretary (sihteeri), Treasurer (taloudenhoitaja) or Member of the Board (hallituksen jäsen).